Fun With Genealogy: William Nickerson II
Genealogical Relationship: 10th great-grandfather via paternal side, descended through his daughter Sarah who married Nathaniel Covell.
- Born: October 16, 1604 (Norwich, Norfolk, England)
- Died: August 8, 1690 (Barnstable, Massachusetts Colony)
- He was the founder of Chatham, Massachusetts, then called Monomoit, Monomoy, and other various spellings, on Cape Cod.
- Was married to Anne Busby, daughter of Nicholas Busby and Bridget (Cocke) Busby.
- He was a worsted weaver and freeman and likely apprenticed with his father.
- He often went against the grain. A complaint was filed against him that accused him of being a “scoffer and jeerer of religion.”
- He and his wife had two servants when they emigrated to Boston: William Moulton, age twenty, and Anne Wadd, age fifteen.
You can read more about William here:
William Nickerson II (abt.1604-bef.1690) | WikiTree FREE Family Tree
William and Anne (Busby) Nickerson Come to Town – Nickerson Family Association (nickersonassoc.com)